East coast of Scotland

Hello, 

I have been lucky enough to spend the first semester of my 3rd university year in Dundee, Scotland. 
During this semester I visited this area of the UK with friends and I would love to share with you my best recommandations of where to go and what to do in Scotland in a little touristy blogposts series. 

The first post of this little series is going to be about the west coast of Scotland which is according to me the best part. 

If you are going over to Scotland you will probably be going to Edinburgh. I totally recommend to take the train or to drive up to the coast a bit North because the scenery is totally breathtaking and the landscape is so typically Scottish I felt like in a dream every times I went over there. 

I was there for a semester only so I didn’t had a car that is why I am mostly going to present you places you can access with public transportation. 




The first place I would advise you to go to is Abroath Cliffs, you can have a lovely walk on the pink cliffs and I would totally suggest you to bring a pic nique to have while watching the sea. 
I went twice to have walks there and every time it was very sunny and I really enjoyed it. 
It might not be the most impressive place to go but it is near to Edinburgh which means convenient to go to as a tourist. 



My second recommendation on the East coast is Dunnottar castle which is one of the place I loved the most in Scotland. I went twice over there once because it was that beautiful. 
What I did and what I would advise you to do as well is to take the bus (the X7)  to Stonehaven and then walk to Dunnotar castle before taking the bus back. 









The first time I went because I read very good opinions about the castle, but I didn’t even visit it. I thing it look quite destroyed and in my opinion the best part of this is the walk between Stonehaven and Dunnotar castle. It will take you a bit less than a hour to go to the castle, (depending on how many times you stop to take pictures). 

If you are going for the full day I would recommend to stop for a fish and chips in one of the pub around the little harbor of Stonehaven or to have one when you arrive at Dunnotar castle. In fact there is a little truck selling fish and chips, coffee or even ice cream in the parking area. 

Have you ever been to Scotland ? Are you planing any trips this summer ? 

Feel free to follow me on Instagram or Bloglovin' : 

Instagraml Follow

Commentaires

  1. Love this little guide to Scotland - very helpful that you included tips about public transport too! Those fish and chips look beautiful and your pictures of the castle really sell the place :)
    - www.roisinslatest.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment ! I really enjoy reading your blog by the way ;)

      Supprimer
  2. Those fish and chips look UNREAL!! Scotland has been on my travel bucket list for so long. Your pictures are beautiful!!

    Allie // www.champagne-tuesdays.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I know, in Scotland I have asked a few times for a " children portion" and it was way enough for me ! I will continue to post about Scotland you can follow me on Bloglovin to be aware of the posts if you want to ;)

      Supprimer
  3. I've never been to Scotland but I've read lots about it!

    Those fish and chips look really good!

    I love travel series, so you can count on me coming back for more!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment ! Feel free to follow my blog on Bloglovin or on Instagram to be aware of any posts !
      I discovered your blog thanks to your comment and it's great !

      Supprimer
  4. I've never been to Scotland, but it looks absolutely breathtaking! Your photos are beautiful xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks for your comment ! If you got the chance to I recommend 100% to go !
      PS : I looked for the Urban Decay palette everywhere after seeing it on your blog :)

      Supprimer
  5. Beautiful pictures, I've always thought that Scotland looks like such a beautiful place. It is definitely on my list of places to go! Thanks for sharing, have a lovely day!

    xxxx from Emily // www.diamondsanddachshunds.weebly.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you ! You should definitely go ! Have a lovely day too !

      Supprimer
  6. I heard so many good things about Scotland, especially on its natural beauty. Thanks for sharing these pictures.

    Nathalie
    www.nathalie-alexandra.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you for commenting ! Scotland is absolutely amazing !

      Supprimer
  7. You wouldn't think that these pictures were Scotland, they're gorgeous!

    Lauren x Huggled

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I wasn't expecting as much sun in Scotland ! Thank you for your comment !

      Supprimer
  8. Beautiful pictures! They made me to actually put Scotland on my bucket list!

    Michelle Morchella

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. It looks absolutely beautiful!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Wonderful post, love it!
    Could you click the links in this post? Maybe follow for follow, too? :)

    http://veronicalucy.blogspot.com/2017/06/black-bodysuit-yoins.html

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Veronica ! Why not if we enjoy each other content ;) Let me know

      Supprimer
  11. What an amazing experience to be studying abroad in Scotland! I was hoping to visit sometime this year and heard great things about the country! Beautiful pictures.

    Kim
    Simply Lovebirds

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. It was an incredible experience ! You should go if you get the occasion ! I will post more about Scotland soon ! Feel free to follow me if you want to see more about it !

      Supprimer

Enregistrer un commentaire

Articles les plus consultés